QUEEN OF STAGE

QUEEN OF STAGE AKA SPICE

April 04, 2014

I-Octane returns to SOBs Wednesday April 9th for "My Journey" album release.

NEW YORK, USA - After a groundbreaking Jamaican launch of the critically acclaimed, DJ Frass-produced, "My Journey" album, I-Octane is ready to take his journey back to the States.  Backed by the Emperor's Choice band, his album release show is set for April 9th at the legendary SOBs in New York City. 
He reflects “My very first performance in New York was at SOBs with Squeeze from Link Up Radio in 2011, and it opened the door to a lot more opportunities. Last year I performed here as part of my 2013 Dancehall campaign at Hot 97’s Who’s Next” show with Ding Dong & Chris Martin but this year my Conquer The Globe and I are going on “My Journey” starting with the record launch event. We’ve learned a lot and have listened to our fans and are bringing a different energy. This will be my first time performing in SOBs with a band so overall it's going to be a legendary night.” Octane concluded.
 
MY JOURNEY ALBUM LAUNCH IN JAMAICA


 Supported by Digicel, Guinness and Busta Soda, the Jamaican launch, at famed cricketer Chris Gayle's "Triple Century Sports Bar" in Kingston, was a super success.  The artist introduced the audience to a more balanced performance through the cultural tunes from his new album.  This was a departure from his usual fiery performances and is in keeping with the showing the various aspects of his “Journey”.

"I started the set with Million Miles Away, which creates a new vibe from what people usually see mi do, it puts me in a different spiritual state and I loved it, so I'm going to give the fans in New York, that same side, if you saw my show last year, this experience will be totally different" Octane said of the event.
Paul Parris explained the branding by saying, "We want the true fans to represent, so we have a merchandise package available, where they receive a copy of the album, 2 tickets to the launch, a merch item and a wristband, plus be a part our Meet & Greet.  Make no mistake; we are also looking to push Octane beyond the diaspora market: partnering with Rob (Kenner of Complex/Boomshots) demonstrates our commitment.  It starts with the fact that some mainstream media houses will be present at the album launch on April 9th"  
 
 "Octane & Frass delivered a timeless album and we will work with his team to make sure this album is experienced across the Globe" was iterated by Tad Dawkins of Tad's Records, the distributor of the "My Journey" album.
 
Behind the Scenes "A Yah Wi Dey" featuring Kymani Marley



Look out for the official video release next week 

“My Journey” is currently on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon and Tad’s Records, VP Reggae and Fox Fuse retailers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment