QUEEN OF STAGE

QUEEN OF STAGE AKA SPICE

DANCEHALL/REGGAE MUSIC VIDEOS

Loading...

August 31, 2011

'DUDUS' PLEADS GUILTY


Jamaican drug lord Christopher 'Dudus' Coke today pleaded guilty to charges of drug and gun running, and one count of assault.

While appearing in a lower Manhattan court, Coke pleaded guilty to one count of trafficking in narcotics and firearm trafficking under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization

He also pleaded guilty to one count of assault.

Meanwhile, a nephew of Christopher Coke, residing in Tivoli Gardens seemed surprised and devastated that Coke pleaded guilty.

The nephew, who asked not to be named, said he spoke to his uncle recently and did not receive any indication that Coke had plans to plead the way he did.

Coke faces a maximum of 23 years and The Gleaner understands that prosecutors will seek the full term. He will be sentenced on December 8 at 4 p.m.

One month after security forces and the fugitive's supporters engaged in a bloody battle in his community, Coke – who was the community leader in Tivoli Gardens in West Kingston – was arrested in June 2010.

At least 73 persons were killed in the fighting, which involved gunmen from across the island, who had gathered to aid Coke.

Coke, who was extradited two days after he was captured, is being held in the US, where he faces charges of drug and gun running.

Legal proceedings in his trial had begun. However, his defence took a major hit when a US Federal Court Judge ruled against suppressing wiretap evidence.

"This decision means that Coke's chances of being freed in connection with this indictment are now statistically very low," US-based Jamaican law Professor David Rowe told The Gleaner shortly after the judge's ruling.

"He will have to be acquitted at trial. In the face of overwhelming scientific and testimonial evidence, that is very unlikely," Rowe had added.

Source: go-jamaica.com

Beyonce's Pregnancy Affects 'A Star Is Born' Start Date


Beyonce’s surprise pregnancy announcement at the 2011 MTV VMAs has affected her upcoming film project A Star Is Born.

Warner Bros. was hoping to start production on the film in February 2012, but these plans will have to be postponed due to Beyonce’s pregnancy, according to Deadline.

While Leonardo DiCaprio was rumored to join Bey in the Clint Eastwood-directed film, he has turned down the role.

“I met with Clint and I was so nervous and I know that it is the biggest opportunity of my life,” Beyonce said about the film. “I will work as hard as I can, because I can’t wait. And I am so happy that he trusts me and I am in good hands and I am so fortunate.”

WILL YOU WATCH Beyonce in A Star Is Born?

August 25, 2011

I-OCTANE BLAZING A TRAIL IN JAPAN




If reggae supper star I-Octane had any doubts about his reception in Japan they were effectively dispelled by the overwhelming reception he got after he took centrestage there.
“It was amazing! To see the fans responding with wild abandon at my songs was almost like a replay of dancehall night at Reggae Sumfest,” I-Octane said about his performance.
So far he has set a blistering trail with the three shows he has already done, the first being Reggae Breeze at Utsumi Beach in Nagoya on August 20th where over 5,000 people attended.
Club Star Nite in Chiba City and Kyoto Club in Kyoto City followed on August 21 and 23 respectively.
“Everything is going great with every performance I am feeding on the love and energy from the dancehall-loving fans here in Japan,” the singjay said, adding that he is having a great time representing with songs such as Mama you alone, No Love Inna Dem, Puff It, Lose A Friend and his biggest song in Japan, My Life.
“It is a beautiful thing to see how wild they go when I start the first notes of this song. Trust me, I feel right at home,” I-Octane said.
He is now looking to continue the rest of the tour with stops in cities such as Osaka, Yokohama and Fukuoka to name a few.
As far as I-Octane is concerned things could not be better regarding his tour as so far all of the venues have been sold out. He has given his fans more than their money’s worth with an hour long performance.

August 11, 2011

I-Octane heads for Canada, set to tour Japan


KINGSTON JAMAICA - Fresh from his Independence Grand Gala performance at the National Stadium where he excited over 30,000 people who crammed the venue, I-Octane is now turning his attention to Canada where he is expected to do three shows before kicking off his mini tour of Japan.

The Lose A Friend singjay will kick off the first of three performances at Club Government in Toronto on August 12th, before heading to ED Lounge in Montreal and then his final performance stop in Canada will be in Calgary on August 14th.

Following his short stint in Canada, the red hot artiste will head for Japan where he is scheduled to do a 12-city tour from August 19th -September 5th.

Among the stops I-Octane will be making are Tokyo, Nagoya, Chiba, Kyoto, Osaka and Yokohama.

“I am excited about these performances. I am really looking forward to pleasing my Japanese fans,” said the artiste about his upcoming performances in that continent.

At the recently held Reggae Sumfest I-Octane was the toast of Dancehall Night. Since then he has followed up with even more scintillating performances as he stamps his class from one venue to the next.

No stranger to the Canadian soil, I-Octane is already gearing up for an anticipated super performance for dancehall lovers there.

“You are really as good as your last performance…and for me, the aim is to keep improving and giving fans a reason to enjoy my songs,” commented the singjay.